There are a huge number of benefits to having a blog on your business website. From showing off your expertise to giving your page views a boost and creating must-share content for your social media, businesses who blog are giving their sales a head start. However, as writers, we know it’s not always easy coming up with regular blog post ideas to keep your website fresh.
If this is a problem you face then you’re in luck. We have 15 easy ideas for writing blog posts that will make your customers sit up and listen, plus drive traffic to your website.
Easy blog post ideas for your business
1. Celebrate – whether you have achieved a milestone in your business or there’s something going on nationally that’s lifting your spirits, write about it. Sports competitions, celebrity weddings and even political events are fodder for your blog.
2. Seasonal must-haves – what’s on trend or what should everyone be buying this season? Share inspiration and advice.
3. Event previews and reviews – if you’re attending a business or consumer event then let people know. After the event, write about your experience and what people were most interested in.
4. What’s hot right now? – share a round-up of your most popular products or services.
5. Expert tips – you know your industry best. What tips can you give people to make the most of your products or services?
6. Myth busting – there’s always misconceptions or rumours flying around in every industry. Write a post to set things straight.
7. Q&As with staff – give your customers an insight into your business and staff by asking them to answer some questions about who they are and what they do. Customers will love getting the inside scoop.
8. Share your favourite mentions – if someone has reviewed your business online or written something positive about your products on social media share a round-up on your blog.
9. Run a give-away – giving away a prize is sure to get people clicking through to your website and makes great content for sharing on your social media.
10. Make a ‘how to’ – a simple explanation about the best ways to use your products or how you provide your services will show your customers you are an authority on the subject. It’s also useful information that they may share with their online friends.
11. Create an infographic – putting advice down in picture form is a fun way to share your knowledge and may be easier for customers to digest than a lengthy piece of text.
12. Write a check list – what are the top ten things that people need to know or remember about your products or industry? Jot these down and you have created a really handy resource for customers.
13. Write about something topical – is what you do being chatted about in the news? Share your thoughts on the topic.
14. Write a year in review – if the past 12 months have been great for your business, share it. What have you achieved or learnt?
15. Share your big plans – what great developments are coming up in your business? How are you going to make your products or services even better for customers?
Finding time to write blog posts
Now here’s the real problem for a lot of small businesses: finding time to get those awesome blog post ideas published. If you want to reap the benefits of blogging regularly on your business website but need an extra pair of hands then we can help.
Briscoe PR’s team of experienced public relations professionals have ghost written blog posts for a wide range of businesses including brain storming topics that we know will help draw attention to our clients. If you’d like more information or to discuss how we can help your business write blog posts then get in touch.